Homemade Gifts Send a Special Message
Dog treats made from scratch will make any dog wag his tail with happiness. Remember the hand made gifts you’ve received in the past? Crafts that kids bring home from school? Or a gift that a friend created from scratch with you in mind? Did you feel the special message meant just for you in that small kind gesture? You can do the same thing for your dog!
Homemade Gifts for your dog can have a special message. Yes, I’m talking about treats made from scratch. Even if baking isn’t your jam, there’s an unmistakable satisfaction for you, too when you see your dog devour your homemade-with-love goodies.
This is a recipe for dog treats made from scratch that’s so easy and so yummy- it’s definitely the way to your dog’s heart!
Serious Bacon Biscuits
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon wheat germ
6 tablespoons bacon grease or 1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup ice-cold water
Directions: Preheat your oven to 350. Combine all the dry ingredients. Cut in the bacon grease or oil. Mix in the egg. Add just enough ice water to form a dough. Roll out on a floured surface to 1/2 inch thick and cut into your dog’s favorite shapes with a cookie cutter. Bake 25 – 30 minutes.
And… oh yeah… one more thing. You know the bacon you cooked to get the grease for the treats? Well, you can just crumble it up and mix it into the dough!! Doggie happiness overload!!
When you make these yummy treats for your dog, will you do me a huge favor? Go to the Comments and post a picture of your dog enjoying a Serious Bacon Biscuit. It will seriously make my day!
Why Make Your Own Treats?
- When you make it yourself, you know what’s in it. You can eliminate the additives that commercial products often include.
- Judging from the reactions of most dogs, homemade treats taste better! Watch your dog wag his tail and ask for more!
- It’s easy to make large quantities and store or freeze some for later.
- Most of the time, it’s less expensive. You can make high-quality treats at home and still save money.
- Dogs with food sensitivities or allergies can enjoy the special treats you make at home.
Complete Guide to Fall & Winter Holiday Safety For Dogs
Free Download: Complete Guide to Fall and Winter Holiday Safety for Dogs
Good news! It’s still available here. Get tips for keeping your dog safe and happy throughout all the holiday excitement. The Guide covers travel, food, emergencies, parties, noise, gifts and so much more. It’s a free download!